Cooking for kids! What a controversial topic and how charged with emotions and strong beliefs. This page also provides the recipe to cook with kids (not just for them).
This section of Bread’N Butter Kids will provide you with some recipes which are really children’s favourite! Now, it is not to say that they are not for adults, not at all actually, more like you are sure to get the thumbs up from the children with those!
Now, before you get started, I will just highlight my main beliefs on kids food:
- Kids should be encouraged to try everything. How many times have I seen 8 y.o. kids who had never tried to eat a green lettuce!
- Kids favourite are not all about pasta, chips and mash potatoes, no please!
- There are some strong flavours which are not kids friendly, although you may be surprised by their taste. They may love strong blue cheese for example! The same goes with spicy (chilli spicy) food. I don’t push the kids to eat when there is an “adult” flavour, I would often cook a side more kids friendly (this is the only time I do so, as normally everyone eats the same thing).
- I do not cook a “kids meal” and an “adult meal” (exception made for some parties, and babies/toddlers of course).
- You may find there are many chocolate recipe, it is just a family addiction!
- Similarly, there are plenty fun desserts different to ice-cream.
- I do use salt in all children’s savoury food even if only a little, no hurt there and a key enhancer. It will not stop your children loving the raw vegies, trust me. Obviously if the ingredient is already salted, no point overloading.
Have fun! And if you need some help, contact me. I am in Sydney (Australia), happy to answer your questions and provide some services to support you through your needs.
Here we go! Recipes:
The list below is missing (yet) key recipes like homemade chicken nuggets, homemade fish fingers, crepes and more, this will come! Some quite soon actually!
Shortbread cookies use the sweet short crust pastry as a ...Read More
This is pretty much as guilt free as chocolate cake go: no ...Read More
This black and white cookies recipe is taken from the ...Read More
This dish recently made it on our menu in our household, ...Read More
If you have been to France, you would have seen the Flan ...Read More
After trialing a few recipes to make sure my 16 years old ...Read More
I made these gluten free porridge cookies (and the recipe) ...Read More
Making and eating pop cakes was an amazing experience for ...Read More
We love shepherd’s pie at home. There is the ...Read More
Walnut, Honey, Orange and Ricotta Muffins, or maybe in ...Read More
Here is a raspberry and ricotta muffin recipe which is ...Read More
This roasted cherry tomatoes side is so good! If I had more ...Read More
This recipe of banana bread is moist, rich and delicious. ...Read More
Yum, yum ! And for bonus: this lunch box chocolate fondant ...Read More
This is my recipe of the cherry clafoutis. I tried a few ...Read More
This chocolate version of the galette des rois works a ...Read More
These kids chocolate truffles is a must try (and adopt!). ...Read More
Madeleines are very versatile biscuits. They taste great ...Read More
This version of the french traditional yoghurt ...Read More
This banana and chocolate chip cake is ultra easy. It is ...Read More
This strawberry white chocolate cookie was a happy find on ...Read More
This recipe is the one I grew up with and cook for my ...Read More
The recipe for this cherry tomatoes and mozzarella risotto ...Read More
This rainbow trout risotto could be done with other fish. ...Read More
This pork belly roast in apple cider is almost a whole dish ...Read More
I was watching Masterchef the other night and Nigella ...Read More
A real chocolate mousse is light and airy. The chocolate ...Read More
This recipe is what I would call an everyday apple tart. ...Read More
Apple tarte fine means thin apple tart. The reason it has ...Read More
This Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Muffins recipe from ...Read More
These little Portuguese custard tarts are light, perfect ...Read More
Bisher muesli is a good alternative to a toast breakfast,it ...Read More
This chicken liver pate needs to be made at least ½ day ...Read More
Coddler eggs for breakfast is another child friendly ...Read More
This quiche serves 4 to 6 people. You can change the ...Read More
This potatoes and prawn salad can be made early. It is a ...Read More
Easy and quick to make, the carrot salad is often ...Read More
This pear and chocolate tart is a beautiful desert, it is ...Read More